The New Brunswick House
A critical need for the House was identified in 2000, due in part to the continuing expansion of quality pediatric services in this “Healthcare City.” The New Brunswick House serves all hospitals and medical facilities throughout the greater New Brunswick area.
Based on its close proximity to New Brunswick as well as its proven success, the Long Branch House was asked to take on the building and operating of the second location. With the generous support of the McDonald’s NY/NJ metro owner/operators, Robert Wood Johnson and many individuals, businesses and organizations throughout the community, the New Brunswick House opened its doors in May 2005.
The New Brunswick house includes:
- Six themed bedrooms with private baths and phones with voicemail; the smallest bedroom can accommodate up to three people and the larger rooms up to six
- A full kitchen with two of each appliance, a well-stocked pantry and a food storage area for each family
- Laundry facilities with supplies
- Hygiene items, linens and towels
- A comfortable living room with new computers
- A bright, fun playroom with an area for teens
- An enclosed yard with a playground area and a covered porch for relaxing
- Free parking on House grounds
- 24-hour staffing
- Lots of support from our staff, volunteers and other guests
Ronald McDonald House
145 Somerset Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901
From the New Jersey Turnpike
Take Exit 9 for New Brunswick and proceed on Route 18 North about two miles to Route 27 South for Princeton. Go to the fourth traffic light (by the railroad station). Turn right onto Easton Avenue and turn left at the next light onto Somerset Street. Proceed halfway up the block and turn right into our driveway/parking lot.
From Route 1
Take Route 18 North and follow the directions above.
From Route 287
Take Exit 10 for Easton Avenue onto Route 527 (New Brunswick Exit). Follow Route 527 (Easton Avenue) for about six miles until you see the sign for Somerset Street. Turn right and continue halfway up the block. Turn right into our driveway/parking lot.
From the Garden State Parkway (From Points North)
Take Exit 130 for Route 1 South. Proceed about nine miles to Route 18 North. Follow directions above.
From Garden State Parkway (From Points South)
Exit onto the New Jersey Turnpike South. Follow directions above.